Wedding Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon
Originally planted in 1973, the Wedding Vineyard graces the south facing slope of the mountain in front of the winery and runs the entire length of our secluded Spring Mountain Estate. Commemorating the site of Fred and Juelle Fisher's wedding in 1975, the Wedding Vineyard is not only an integral part of the winery, but also of our family's life here on the mountain (read more about the vineyard).
Dark ruby in color, liqueur aromas of black cherry, bittersweet chocolate and flowers. It has earthy mineral tones with a dense broad middle and mouth-coating flavors. Opens nicely on the back end with broad 'sweet' tannins and a long, lingering finish.
- De-stemmed and whole berry crushed into open-top fermenters
- Indigenous yeast fermented
- Extended maceration - 45 days
- Indigenous malolactic fermentation in barrel
- Aged 23 months in 100 % Taransaud French oak barrels
Alcohol by volume is 13.5%
Bottle date of August 2002
350 cases produced