Lamb Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon
Nestled at the foot of the Palisades in Northern Napa Valley, the Lamb Vineyard has been a source of great pride for our family over the past quarter of a century. Named for Juelle's family, the vineyard was planted to Cabernet in 1982 and consistently yields small quantities of fruit that produce wine with a rare combination of rich concentrated flavors, velvet texture and elegance (read more about the vineyard).
The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Lamb Vineyard has turned out beautifully. Polished, silky tannins allow the creamy, voluptuous fruit to come through very nicely. Dark red cherry, raspberry, sweet tobacco and cedar add nuance, but it is the wine's textural finesse and overall balance that really stand out. This is a terrific example of the year at its best.
- 94 points Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Harvested September 15
- De-stemmed and double sorted
- Whole-berry fermented in small open-top oak and stainless fermenters
- Native malolactic fermentation completed in barrel
- Racked once during aging
- Aged 21 months in French oak barrels (100% new)
Alcohol by volume is 14.9%
Bottle date August 2017
245 cases produced