Mountain Estate Vineyard, Chardonnay
The Mountain Estate Chardonnay vines grown on a steep, rocky, Northeast-facing slope at an average of 1,300 feet, receiving early morning sun and minimal exposure to hot afternoon temperatures. Planted in 1999, this vineyard has proven ideal for the gradual ripening and maximum maturation of Chardonnay grapes.
Straw colored with a slight green hew, 2017 Mountain Estate Chardonnay entices with aromas of star jasmine and fresh honeydew melon. On the palate there is an intricate play between flavors of white nectarine, green apple and fig, as well as the ever illusive wet-stone minerality. This Chardonnay embodies a rare moment: persistent, yet fresh and bright, culminating with lemon peel, lightly toasted almond and petrichor minerality. Fantastic!
- Whitney Fisher
- 100% Chardonnay
- Harvested September 6-18
- Whole cluster sorted, then lightly pressed
- Juice cold settled for 24 hours and moved to barrel by gravity
- Fermented and aged 16 months in French oak barrels (45% new)
- No sulfite additions at harvest or during aging
- Lees stirred twice monthly for 14 months
Alcohol by volume is 14.3%
Bottle date January 2019
434 cases produced